Doors in Bloom is the perfect way for local residents to emphasize how much they love the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival®. It is a contest that was started in 2017 for the 90th festival, and comes from the creative mind of festival volunteer, Tina Jacobin Stowell. It encourages local residents and businesses to show off the extent of their Apple Blossom pride by decorating their doors with pink and green, the iconic official colors of the festival. Join in the fun and show off your love of the bloom! Feel free to contact Tina Jacobin Stowell at: email@example.com with questions.
- The entry period is from Wednesday, March 15th, through Tuesday, April 18th. There is no entry fee.
- There will be two judged categories: Residential and Business. There will be three winners in each category (First, Second and Third Place). All doors must be attached to a building in the Winchester/ Frederick County area. Only one door per address may be entered.
- Entries may be made by: 1) Uploading a picture at: https://thebloom.com/contest/doors-in-bloom/; or, 2) Texting a picture by phone along with your name and address to: (540) 208-0990.
- Judging Points are: Use of color, use of space, use of creative material, and overall impression; with bonus points for incorporating the 2021 Theme: “Bloomtown: Bringing the “Wow” for 90 Years!”
- The Committee will “audition” all entries; and, a “Top Five” in each category will be created. These two “Top Fives” will be judged in-person by a panel of judges on Saturday, April 22nd. Entrants will be notified (by phone) by Wednesday, April 19th, if they have been selected as a finalist; and, they will need to respond within 24 hours with accurate address information for the final judging.
- Final winners will be contacted by phone with details and will be presented with awards. First prize winners will be invited to ride in the Grand Feature Parade. Additional prizes may be awarded.
- All photos submitted may be used for promotional purposes.